Anti Ragging Committee
Rules and Regulations for Prevention and Prohibition of Ragging
Help line no. +91-1902-272277
The All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi vide its Notification no. 37- 3/Legal/AICTE/2009 dated 25-03-2009 has taken a very serious view of ragging incidences in educational institutions and on Directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India vide its Order dated 16.5.2007 has ordered strict implementation of following rules & regulations for Prevention and prohibition of Ragging in technical Institutions.
Actions to be taken against students for indulging and abetting in Ragging in technical institutions Universities including Deemed to be University imparting technical education:-
1. The punishment to be meted out to the persons indulged in ragging has to be exemplary and justifiably harsh to act as a deterrent against recurrence of such incidents. The students who are found to be indulged in ragging should be debarred from taking admission in any technical institution in India.
2. Every single incident of ragging a First Information Report (FIR) must be filed without exception by the institutional authorities with the local police authorities.
3. Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following.
(i) Cancellation of admission
(ii) Suspension from attending classes
(iii) Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
(iv) Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process
(v) Withholding results
(vi) Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
(vii) Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
(viii) Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters .
(ix) Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
(x) Fine of Rupees 25,000/-
(xi) Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers. The institutional authority shall intimate the incidents of ragging occurred in their premises along with actions taken to the Council immediately after occurrence of such incident and inform the status of the case from time to time.
As per AICTE guidelines, Anti-Ragging committee has been constituted. The names of the members are given below:
VINAYAKA COLLEGE OF PHARMACY
(ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE)
|Sr. No.||Particular||Related Information|
|1.||Name of Institute||VINAYAKA COLLEGE OF PHARMACY, VILL. BAHUGUNA, P.O. GARSA DISTT. KULLU HP|
|2.||Email address of Anti Ragging Helpline||Pharmacyvinayaka@gmail.com|
|3.||Telephone Numbers||01902272277, 9805576493, 01902272266|
|4.||Name and Designation of Head of Institute||Dr. Dilip Agrawal
|5.||Name of Anti Ragging Committee Member with Contact Numbers||Mr.Karan Sharma||Head Anti Ragging committee||9857203555|
|Miss Ashima Verma||Head Anti Ragging committee||9459801778|
|Mr. Mohit Sharma||Member||7807273434|
|Miss Kirti Sharma||Member||8988269715|
Responsibilities of Anti-Ragging Committee:
1. This committee will be fully responsible to ensure that no incident of ragging ,as given in their regulations, takes place and will also monitor and ensure that the instructions of these regulations are followed fully at all times.
2. The committee will also maintain vigil at all times and ensure that the Anti-Ragging squad carry out their functions properly.